Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We need a miracle...

When we started all of the fertility treatments, even though I was down about it, I don't think I doubted that IVF would work for us. Unfortunately, those doubts are creeping in big time right now. I am sure the drugs and stirring up of my hormones have made me more emotional that usual right now, but nevertheless...

I went into the clinic today to check on our follicle development. He did see follicles today, but only three on each side. This coupled with my low estrogen levels indicates that I am not repsonding well to the medications. Estrogen levels should be higher at this point...about 200 per follicle. Mine is about 112 right now, total. We are going to stay on the meds for two more days and I return to the clinic to check on things again. It there is not improvement, then the nurse said we may have to cancel the cycle.

Frustrating is not even the word for all of this right now...I am praying for our little miracles that I know must be there somewhere, but I am terrified right now. We want to have kids so badly...please keep us in your prayers the next two days...

1 comment:

Jennifer Jacoby said...

Hi Nancy,

It's Jennifer Jacoby. I just wanted you to know I am praying for you. I obviously understand some of what you are going through. I always called it my "mad science project". hahaha I remember how every little thing was such a big deal. Be strong and have faith for your little one! C'mon eggs! I'll keep praying too.
Jennifer Jacoby