Sunday, May 20, 2007

Maintaining normalcy

So, advice I have been given so far is to live life as normal as possible even as the IVF cycle begins. Difficult to do when your day to day "normal" life now includes an ever-increasing round of needle injections...but we are trying! I had to work Friday night at the theater, so Richard came up there to give me my evening shot in the employee break room...talk about entertainment. Since we have to give the shot about the same time every night, it puts a small kink in some evening plans, but not a huge deal.

Saturday evening I went to a friends for a scrapbooking night. I bravely asked my friend Linda, if she had ever given an injection before so I could relive Richard from having to drive out...she was wonderful. She had worked as a vet tech and had given lots of animals shots, so she figured she could do this too! She did a great job...what a funny evening it was, too. The television had gone out in the bedroom and so her husband was in the living room with us watching boxing while we talked scrapbooks and in-vitro! Talk about a one-two punch for him...

I am adjusting to the Lupron, but I could really feel the side effects this weekend. I have been pretty cranky and have had several headaches...then there is the rollercoasting bloating and "un-bloating." One minute I feel really thin and then the next like I have popped out like a puffer fish...grrrrrr. I am sure it will kill me at weigh-in tomorrow night at Weight Watchers...

Prayer focus for the week: to not allow stress to take over, to try to maintain our normal day to day routine, for God's continued peace that He is in control of this entire process!

No comments: