Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pray, pray and pray some more!

Richard and I went in for the egg retrieval and fertilization today. The day started out great. we were laughing, hopeful, and positive. The procedure was a little rough-painful because the drug did not fully put me out, but I survived it. I was pretty groggy all day.

While I was recovering from the medication, the embryologist came in to give us the report. They were able to retrieve 6 eggs. Unfortunately, 3 of the eggs did not survive the retrieval process. Their shells were basically broken and therefore they were not viable. The remaining three were viable and ready to be fertilized. As we headed home, we got the call that they would have to use ICSI (directly inject the sperm into the egg) in order to fertilize the eggs.

We came home pretty deflated. We were not prepared for the possibility of losing so many eggs right off the bat. With only three eggs, the odds of them fertilizing and making it back into my uterus is pretty low.

I know that God is bigger than that...we desparately need your prayers that we will have three fertilized and healthy growing embryos to transfer. They will call us Friday to let us know how they are progressing.

Richard left for his Walk to Emmaus tonight as well. He was pretty down before he left. The events of today were pretty tough on him. I know he will have a great weekend though. Pray for him and what God will do in his life this weekend.

Ok...I will update again once I hear the latest from the embryologist. We covet your prayers right now!

1 comment:

The Spears said...

God is big and good!! We continue to pray for you both!