Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family




Some days really catch you by surprise and our family had one of those days last week. On tuesday of last week, my aunt Carole was put in the hospital for heart failure. She passed away the next day. This really took us all by surprise and has been quite a shock. She will really be missed. Carole has always kinda been the "hub" of the family keeping everyone updated with family news. I know that life will not be the same without her here on earth. Thankfully, we know that she is in heaven with the Lord watching over us all.

On Saturday, I attended the funeral in Odessa. It was one of the few times that all of my cousins on my mom's side has been together at the same time. There are seven of us, all girls. I was also reminded that on this side of the family, for whatever reason, many of the women have had children later in life. Somewhat encouraging for me to remember. Funerals are sorrowful occasions, but also joyful as it is one of those few times when we all stop to reconnect with family.




No comments: