Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 5

Praise God!!!!

The embryologist called this morning and reports that all the embryos are progressing today! They are still on track too. He does not know why they seem to stop yesterday, sometimes when checking them at different intervals the observations of the progress can be off. I know it is because God is taking care of things! One of the embryos is in the morula stage and the other two are early morulas. The morula stage of development is between 12-32 cells and is when the inner cell mass begins to develop. From here they will become blastocysts (should be by tomorrow) and will be transferred back to mommy!

The embryo transfer will be tomorrow at noon. We don't know how many we will transfer until tomorrow. Since one of the embryo's is poor quality, we are not sure if it will make it till tomorrow. The embryologist said that he keeps expecting it to drop off, but it is still hanging on! After the transfer, I will be on several days of bedrest per doctor's orders. This will probably be a challenge for me, but I don't want to do anything to prevent those babies from attaching in my uterus. I have lots of books, DVD's, and kntting projects to keep my busy.

Thank you all for your prayers...they are being heard and are working! Please continue to pray that at least one of these little ones finds a good place to nestle in and attach and grow for the next nine months! Praise God for how wonderful He is!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and Richard! I can't wait each day to hear the latest. Now,that you've been visiting the doctor each day and hearing from the embryologist, they will transfer those embryos and you will wait. It was weird to me that after all of that, we just had to wait. But, it was an exciting time and the closest to being pregnant I'd ever been to that point. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was still thinking about ya and praying for you! I feel like I'm right there with you reliving my experience and thinking about doing it again for baby #2!

Jennifer